Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 April 2012

Tilth

My messy tilth
As I strolled out of the Victoria Jubilee Allotments I passed by Vanley's plot. He is my tutor; my exemplar. I gaze in delight at his work. This is a goal, to strive to the ground on my plot like his.

His allotment was as intractable as mine; full of cooch, nettles, dock, stones and rubbish. Now see his tilth - a blank canvas, stretched and primed.

"Why all the bottles?" I asked him the other day
"So I don't stab myself in the eye"
*** ***
In concourse limbo at Gatwick waiting for a dawn flight to Corfu. Lin's asleep

Tonight in Ano Korakiana ~ Η «απειλή» του καιρού, επανέφερε μετά από πολλά χρόνια το τελευταίο μέρος της Ακολουθίας της Αναστάσεως στον προαύλιο χώρο του Αγίου Γεωργίου (αντί της πλατείας), ο οποίος γέμισε από κόσμο. Εκεί ο ιερέας ανήγγειλε το «Χριστός Ανέστη» υπό το φως των πολλών κεριών, τους ήχους της καμπάνας και της μπάντας και φυσικά …των βεγγαλικών. Ακολούθησε η ανταλλαγή ευχών, πριν ο ιερέας αναφωνήσει τρις, τους στίχους του Δαυίδ, «Άρατε πύλας», κτυπώντας με δύναμη την κλειστή θύρα του ναού ν’ ανοίξει…
Χριστός ἀνέστη in the courtyard of St George's Church, Ano Korakiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back numbers

Simon Baddeley